Veterans of Military Service

Arcadia is committed to making a private, post-secondary education affordable for all active military and veterans.

Where Do I Start?

In order to start using your VA benefits, if you are not currently enrolled or admitted, you will need to complete Arcadia University's admissions process for undergraduate or graduate programs. The VA will not release your benefits unless you are in a degree-seeking program.

Please follow these steps when applying for your VA benefits:

  1. Contact the VA directly at 1-888-442-4551 to find out if you are eligible for benefits.
  2. If you are eligible for benefits, go to the VA Benefits website and download the paperwork that applies to you. The application process can take 6-10 weeks.
  3. Once you have completed the necessary forms, mail the originals to Dept. of Veteran's Affairs, P.O. Box 4616, Buffalo, NY 14240-4616. When it has been completed, the VA will mail out a Certificate of Eligibility letter.
  4. Email copy of the form to Arcadia University's VA Certifying Official: Holly R. Kirkpatrick,

Note:  In lieu of receiving the Certificate of Eligibility via mail, students can obtain a printout of benefits from the eBenefits account to document eligibility for veterans' education benefits. Go to the VA website to view and print a "Post-9/11 GI Bill Statement of Benefits" and email this to as a PDF.

While we encourage active military and veterans attending Arcadia University to contact us by phone or email with any questions pertaining to the processing of VA educational benefits while attending Arcadia University, specific questions about eligibility for VA benefits should be addressed to the VA. Arcadia University does not determine a veteran's eligibility for benefits but will assist in the completion of applications and communication of veteran student enrollment to the VA for the purposes of certification and receipt of benefits. For more information regarding individual eligibility for any of the educational benefits listed below, please contact the Department of Veteran Affairs Regional Processing Center at 1-800-827-1000 or visit the VA website.